If you are sick and tired of having your hair look like something that should be blowing around the streets of an old western ghost town, this article can help you. It’s really not that hard to learn how to avoid frizzy hair. Frizzy hair is generally just a side effect of hair that is too dry usually from too much processing and/or blow drying and curling.
It’s kind of a catch 22, you want your hair to look great so you get it colored and you style it, but that dries it out which only makes it look worse. While most women wouldn’t want to give up styling their hair to avoid frizz, it is possible to tame the tangles and still have fabulously styled hair. You just need to know how.
In order to prevent the frizz here are some tips you can follow:
1. Read the labels. One of the first things you will want to do is make sure that the shampoo you are using is the best one for your hair. Many shampoos are loaded with dangerous chemicals that can damage your hair. One of the leading culprits are sulfates. To keep the frizz to a minimum avoid using any shampoo that has sulfates in it. It’s time you started reading labels!
2. Since frizzy hair is caused because the hair gets dry and damaged, a good way to keep the frizz at bay is by keeping your hair hydrated. Use a product to deep condition your hair at least once a week. Coconut and jojoba oil based products work especially well.
3. Split ends will give you a ton of frizz so if you don’t want frizz than you don’t want split ends either. One way to avoid split ends is to not rub your hair when drying it since that can cause breakage. Instead gently pat it dry with a towel.
4. When your hair tangles it’s much more likely to cause breakage which can than lead to frizz. To help avoid this, use a diffuser on your blow dryer when you dry your hair that will help eliminate the tangles that can lead to breakage.
5. Remember what I said above about split ends being bad? Well another way you can keep split ends to a minimum is to get your hair trimmed on a regular basis. Regular trimming will keep your ends smooth and straight and keep those nasty split ends away.
6. Use an anti-frizz product with silicone. This will keep your hair looking smooth and slick, just don’t get carried away, a little goes a long way. Don’t go nuts!
Even if you’ve struggled with frizzy hair your whole life, or you live in a rain forest with a ton of humidity, you can still lessen your frizz. Just follow these tips to learn how to avoid frizzy hair and you’ll be on your way. The most important thing to remember is to keep your hair hydrated, that one thing alone will go a long way.